Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Return!

Hey out there!

Wow...so hard to believe that it has been more than a year since I have come here. Time has flown and there have been some changes in my life. I can now call myself a writer. I am free lance writer for a major on-line health site. It feels crazy to say that but it did happen. At the ripe old age of 44...one of my dreams has come true.

I hope to revitalize this blog and also bring you guys to the sites where I write about autism and learning disabilities.

Here are two posts to begin.

No idea if anyone is still out there but here goes!

Should you or your child try the Gluten-free Casein-free Diet?

I am sure that you may have heard about the Gluten-free Casein-free diet by now. It has been in the news. There are now special cookbooks specifically geared for special populations to try this diet including the "Kid-Friendly ADHD and Autism cookbook." And there are whole blogs devoted to sharing GFCF recipes. This diet has definitely reached the mainstream as more food stores carry these products than ever before. When I started my son on the GFCF diet eight years ago we had to special order foods or go to a health food store to purchase the needed items. Now we can find GFCF foods in our local grocery store and even restaurants have begun to create GFCF items on their menu. The popularity of this diet is growing by leaps and bounds.

So what is all the hoopla about?

If you wish to read more just follow this link!


"What is Good About Me?" How to cultivate your child's strengths

When you have a child who has a learning disability, it is sometimes difficult to attend those parent teacher conferences. You sometimes get this laundry list of things your child is not doing well. When each sentence begins with "He can't..." or "He doesn't...." your heart begins to sink a little. Perhaps it is human nature to report the negatives. Or maybe it is more human nature to hear the negatives. However difficult it is for me, as a parent, to hear about what my child cannot do, imagine how hard it must be for any child who has learning disabilities to hear this message.

It leaves the child to wonder, "Is there anything good about me?"

If you want to read more just follow this link!

I will be trying to catch up with the folk on my list here. Thank you to anyone who has not given up on me or this blog.

No comments: